Case study on the Cc Hub is a social innovation centre in Nigeria.
Carol Read RN/MSc
The Innovation Ecosystem (Co-creation Hub)
CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
CcHUB functions at the heart of Nigeria’s technology innovation ecosystem as a place to:
- facilitate creative thinking and collaborative problem solving
- encourage technology innovation for improved social accountability in Nigeria
- incubate novel tech ideas that promotes good governance/provision of public services
- encourage shared accountability between technologist & innovators
- serve as a living lab for prototyping and testing socially minded tech tools
- build new skills and competencies
- connect, share, create and find expertise
The Hub act as a cushy nest designed to accelerate the successful development of social tech ventures through an array of business support resources and services, developed and orchestrated by the hub management and offered both in the space and through our network of partners. In addition, the hub leads co-creation initiatives aimed at creating novel technologically driven solutions to the myriad social challenges facing the average Nigerian. The Hub also network stakeholders from diverse walks of life to create these solutions and also encourage social accountability through
- social creativity
- activating knowledge networks
- harnessing resources and imagination across society not just within public service professions and institutions